Serve up this Sriracha Avocado Toast for breakfast or that 3 pm hunger call. This is a creamy avocado toast that gets a kick of spice from Sriracha mixed in.
Top with some crispy crumbled bacon, feta, and a drizzle of hot honey. Avo toast never tasted so good.
Sriracha sauce is everywhere these days. If you have not tried it yet, grab a bottle or even two! Whip up this avocado toast with sriracha and watch your tastebuds begin begging for more. 5 minutes is all it takes to make this homemade avocado toast.
What Is Sriracha
Sriracha is a spicy red sauce made with distilled vinegar, chiles, garlic, sugar, etc. You will find it offers a rich depth of spice with a mild hint of sweetness.
Sriracha is used in making sauces, drizzling on foods like avocado and sriracha toast, ramen noodles, pho, and the list goes on. Tangy, spicy, and sweet all in one bottle.
Ingredients Needed for Sriracha Avocado Toast
Go ahead and reach for any flavor of bread you like—potato, wheat, multi-grain, etc.
Make sure to reach for a ripe avocado that you smash with a fork for a creamy mashed texture that spreads nicely on the toast.
Use a little or a lot to create a flavor that fits your liking. I recommend starting small and add more to taste to ensure you don’t overly spice your mixture.
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
These spices are simple, but the black pepper and garlic add nice warmth. Then season with salt to taste and allow the salt to bring out all the ingredients’ flavors.
How To Make This Avocado And Sriracha Toast
Step 1: Mash up your avocado in a bowl with a fork. Add in your Sriracha, salt, pepper, and garlic. Taste test and then add extra ingredients to flavor your toast.
Step 2: Spread the avocado mixture on the slice of toast.
Step 3: Add on toppings as desired! Feel free to mix things up (see the toppings list below for more ideas) or take out what you do not like.
Ground flaxseed is amazing for the digestive systems and doesn’t really add any flavor to your toast, so it’s great to slip in for an added health benefit.
Cooked Chopped Bacon
The flavor combination of the sriracha with the cooked bacon is fabulous! Plus, it adds a crispy texture that’s great combined with the smooth avocado. To keep things super simple, cook bacon in the air fryer, in advance, and crumble it up so you can add it to your toast all week!
Feta Cheese and Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds add another layer of texture and are full of valuable nutrients! Combine them with crumbled feta cheese and it is a flavor that you’ll never forget!
Cilantro and Hot Honey
Definitely not a must but the chopped fresh cilantro and added heat of hot honey is dynamite!
More Topping Ideas
- Smoked Salmon
- Sesame Seeds
- Flaky sea salt
- Red Pepper Flakes
Toppings are up to you! Those are just a few of my favorites for this particular avo toast recipe! A simple avocado toast that is nothing but incredible down to the last crumbs.
Sriracha Avocado Toast
- 1 slice bread seeded, whole-grain, whatever desired
- 1 small avocado
- 1 pinch ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin seeds without shells
- fresh cilantro chopped – if desired
- 1 tbsp crumbed feta cheese
- 1 tbsp cooked bacon chopped
- drizzle of hot honey if desired
- salt if desired (mixed in with avocado)
- pepper if desired (mixed in with avocado)
- garlic powder if desired (mixed in with avocado)
- Start by slicing small avocado in half, removing the seed and scooping out the pulp in to a small bowl.
- Add in sriracha. If desired, add in garlic powder, salt and pepper, according to your taste preference. Stir.
- Toast slice of bread to your desired doneness.
- Spread avocado mixture over toasted bread.
- Top with your desired toppings. Pictured: ground flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, cooked crumbled bacon, feta cheese, fresh cilantro, and hot honey.
This is the best topping ideas for avocado toast with sriracha! I never even thought about adding cilantro! YUM!