Cottage Cheese Avocado Toast
Avocado toast with cottage cheese is packed with protein, fiber, and fats which will keep you full for hours. This toast recipe can be ready in under 5 minutes and is a great quick breakfast for busy mornings.
- 1 slice toast
- 2 tbsp cottage cheese
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/2 tomato sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
Spread cottage cheese evenly on the toast.
Add sliced avocado to the cottage cheese. Leaving space between slices.
Top with sliced tomatoes, spreading them out on top of the toast.
Add salt and pepper if desired.
What mixes well with cottage cheese?
Cottage cheese tastes great with more ingredients than you think. If you're looking to spice this recipe up, you won't have a shortage of options!
- Bacon - Cottage cheese mixes well with bacon but I also have an avocado toast with bacon recipe if you'd prefer to skip the cottage cheese!
- Mixed nuts - Chopped almonds, walnuts, pecans, and even sunflower seeds would taste amazing mixed in with the cottage cheese.
- Red onion - For extra flavor, feel free to add sliced red onion or even pickled red onions.
- Everything bagel seasoning - Is there anything that doesn't go well with everything bagel seasoning? Seriously, it tastes yummy on almost everything!
- Arugula - Arugula on avocado toast is healthy and delicious but it's also delicious mixed in with cottage cheese.