Tofu Avocado Toast
Avocado toast with tofu is the perfect way to start your morning because it's healthy, satisfying, and extremely simple to make. This easy recipe has a source of carbs, protein, and fats to make a well-balanced meal!
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- 1 piece toast
- 2 slices slices of firm tofu (about 1/2 in thick
- 1 tbsp tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- chili powder if desired
- salt/pepper if desired
- garlic optional
- small splash lime juice optional
Drizzle olive oil on pressed and sliced tofu.
Sprinkle salt and pepper on tofu.
Pan-fry over medium-high heat for 3 minutes and then flip to cook the other side for 3 minutes or until turns golden brown.
Place mashed avocado on toast and top with tofu.
Drizzle with hot sauce or lemon juice if desired.
It's so easy to spice up any avocado toast recipe and make it your own. Here are a couple of ways to add new or extra flavor to this tofu toast.
- Spicy - Add chili pepper flakes and/or hot sauce on top of your toast.
- Veggie - Tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, etc. would all pair wonderfully with crispy tofu.
- Protein-Packed - To add more protein to this toast, you can add more tofu, tempeh, or another source of protein.
- Vegan Cheesy - For a cheesy flavor without the dairy, top this tofu toast with nutritional yeast.